Article: [Exclusive] Idols who earn the most royalties "G-Dragon -> Zico -> Jonghyun"
Source: Segye Ilbo via Nate
1. [+609, -20] Oh, quite unexpected to see Jonghyun on the list, thought it'd be Yong Junhyung in his place
2. [+540, -24] Wasn't too fond of Jonghyun's songs for himself or SHINee but the songs he composes for others seem to do better
3. [+426, -12] Having the songs become hits is more important than actually composing them since they make as much as people listen...
4. [+58, -16] Majority of GD's songs are co-composed though
5. [+42, -9] Actual profit wise, it's probably more like G-Dragon >>>>>>>>>>>>> wall >>> Zico >>>>>>>> the rest
6. [+33, -16] It's honestly unfair how GD just gets to plaster his name on songs when they were co-composed. The songs that he actually composed all on his own you could probably count on one hand. He still makes a lot even with the co-composed songs because his fans still buy them up.
7. [+33, -11] Anyone below G-Dragon and Zico are probably making similar amounts... Even Jonghyun would've barely made the top 3 if not for the royalties he made off of Lee Hi's 'Breath'
8. [+30, -0] I remember on a variety show AOA's Jimin said that one of her self-composed songs on 'Unpretty Rap Star' was hitting daebak so she was really excited for pay day and how she was going to spend it but the day she went to check her bank statement, there was only a couple dozen bucks in there and she was really sad. It was funny though.
9. [+25, -6] Some of Jonghyun's songs make me question that it was really him that composed them like Lee Hi's 'Breath' or IU's 'Our Time' or EXO's 'Playboy'. They're all songs that you've probably heard of. Jonghyun also composed his entire album and there's not one song worth throwing away.
10. [+18, -5] Jonghyun's good at composing songs. His lyrics are emotional too...